[Part 4 of 4] Marketing Ideas to Promote Your Business
So, you’ve started a business! Whether you’re a solopreneur or small to mid-sized business owner, one of the most difficult challenges businesses face is how to market their services or products, to the right audience, at the right time, using the right tactical marketing mix.
Having an in-depth understanding of your audience’s needs, can help you create a multi-channel marketing strategy that informs, educates and motivates them to ultimately buy your product or service. Beyond demographics, you should be insanely curious about your targeted audience: Who’s your tribe? What do they need? What are their daily challenges, fears or frustrations? Where do they connect? What significant life events (e.g., new parents, divorced, single mom, cancer, passions, etc) are they facing? And, how can your product or service help solve their problems?
Here are a few ideas and resources to jump-start your business.
- Develop a virtual e-course – Connect with your customers, market your business and create passive income with an online training course.
- Create an email signature and use it as a marketing tool -Use client testimonials, your latest tweets, or add a compelling tag line to your email signature.
- Facebook Advertising – Facebook allows you to target your ideal customers with a limited budget. Check out “How a small business tripled her customer base in 6 months using Facebook Ads.”
- Contest – A contest can help you engage a targeted audience, collect data about your customer, and enlist them to spread the word about your business.
- Host a leadership or empowerment conference – Invite influencers, experts, and various talents to participate in your event. This is another great opportunity to gain media coverage and attract customers.
Do you have any marketing ideas that you’ve used to grow your business? Share with me in the comments below. And be sure to check out Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of this series.
Leave a comment